Welcome to the Anxiety Guy Podcast. I’m Dennis Simsek, and today we’re exploring the concept of the ‘pendulum effect’ during this powerful anxiety recovery guide. Please enjoy below (and don’t forget to Subscribe on Apple Podcasts for all updates).
Have you ever felt like your journey to overcome anxiety swings back and forth, making it hard to see progress? I’ve been there.
During my own battle with anxiety, I felt frustrated, doing everything right but not seeing results. It took time to realize that sometimes, doing too much was the issue. But if you’re going through this back-and-forth in anxiety recovery, know that you’re on the right path.
Reflection is crucial in managing this pendulum. It helps you understand why you’re making progress or facing setbacks. It could be letting go of old habits or trusting your body’s ability to heal.
Reflection also matters during setbacks. What seems like an anxiety setback might just be external factors. Keeping a journal to track your journey can provide insights and understanding.
The goal here is to let go of excessive control as this will lead to a true anxiety recovery guide intuitively.
Faith, grace, and trust can lead to positive changes. Fear of letting go keeps the pendulum swinging towards setbacks.
Today’s lesson is about reflection. If you’re in the back-and-forth of anxiety recovery, examine what you’re holding onto and your unconscious behaviors. These moments of clarity will guide you towards becoming more than anxiety.
Don’t let your lower self (inner child) convince you otherwise. Thank you for tuning in, and remember, you are more than anxiety. Goodbye for now.
Anxiety Guy Podcast Episode Outline
- [00:00] Episode intro
- [00:35] Dennis reflects on his healing intentions when he was suffering from anxiety
- [01:32] Healing progress through back and forth reflection
- [03:07] Is setback really a setback?
- [04:35] Things we do not need to control
- [05:01] Allowing faith and trust to take control
- [06:02] Letting go of ego
- [06:32] Episode wrap up
- [07:06] The end
Quotes From this Podcast Episode
- “And if you’re currently experiencing this back and forth game between progress and setbacks, I want you to understand that you’re on the right track.”
- “Reflection is the most important thing when it comes to this back and forth game with an anxiety recovery because reflection must also be present during times of setbacks.”
- “When we bring faith, grace, and trust into our endeavors, what tends to happen is things tend to work out on their own, but we’re so afraid of letting go because we’re afraid that something bad is going to happen.”
How has this anxiety recovery guide focused on dealing with progress and setbacks helped you? Comment below.
Listen to all future anxiety guy podcast episodes on Spotify, Tune-in, Podbean, Podbay, Podcast Addict, Scribd, Luminary, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform. You can watch all previous anxiety guy episodes through video on YouTube here.
The Anxiety Guy Podcast is one of the most popular mental health podcasts in the world with more than 6 million downloads alongside the health Anxiety Podcast Show. It has been selected as the top mental health and anxiety podcast on Apple 6 times, and has been listen as a top podcast for anxiety today on Psychology Today, Choosing Therapy, Better Help, Women’s Health, Marissa Peer and many more. To listen to any of the past episodes for free, check out this page.